Nitrogen Narcosis

Faster then a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound...this is way better than drugs.

Thursday, January 01, 2009

HAPPY 2009

It's 9:48 in the morning. Sitting here thinking where the hell did 2008 go. Wow it's like it was here then it was gone.
Does anyone else feel that way?
What a topsy turvy year for everyone. From $5.00 a gallon gas, to gas dropping below $2.00.
History being made with a woman and a black man trying to win their parties nomination.
On one side our first black president, and if he hadn't been voted in our first female vice president. WOW!! to look back and say I was there for that history.
No matter weather you voted for Obama or not, he is going to be our president, so I will try to support him and help in my own little way to keep America the country that we all love living in.
In the new year, (I don't make resolutions, but this is what I'm going to try to do)
1. Keep showing my husband that I love him any way I can.
2. Staying close to Burfica and Gigantor and Kiddo because well she's been my sister her whole live and I LOVER her and the boys to death
3. Keep trying to improve in my career, because that's one of the little ways I can keep our country the place we want to be. To continue to try to help people that need help and to help put bad guys in jail. Hopefully to just make a difference in some lives.
4. To get my butt back into shape. I've been lazy and using my back and knees as an excuse to not get off my lazy ass and work out. I've started 4 days ago and so far so good.

I may be using this blog sometimes as a list of what I did wrong or right, we all need to be held accountable for ourselves, and sometimes it helps to put it all out there.

and 5. To try to be better about posting on my blog and continuing to cement my relationships with my special blogger family that I tend to ignore way to much.
You are all special and when you comment it makes my day a little brighter, so thank you and know that I do care about you all.

Happy New Year Family

Oh just a note, On Dec 30th one of my police officers had a terrible thing happen. Some stupid punk set a fire in his neighbors pasture, the wind caught the fire pushing it into the officers home, burning it to the ground, the officer got out unhurt, with only the cloths on his back, his gun belt and was able to drive his truck out of the garage. The house burnt to the ground, and he lost everything. Thankfully he wasn't hurt. But to lose everything right before the new year and when you are so very close to retirement, and because of some arson punk. Please keep him in your thoughts. I've already started a big box of items, and the EPOA (our peace officers association) is starting up a donation program. Thanks for keeping my officer in your thoughts.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger ~Just Me Miranda~ said…

    Happy New Year!!!! Sounds like good resolutions...oh wait, lol sounds like good things to 'try to do'.

    (((BIG HUGS)))

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger jAMiE said…

    Happy New Years!!!

    I'm like you, wondering what on earth happened to 2008...time is just flying as i get older.

    Good luck with your list, i think they are all good ones...

    Brrr, it's cold here...must go bundle up!

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Burfica said…

    There is a lot of things I need to try to do this year too. You forgot something on your list. like come see your sister and her boys. hehehehehehe

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Libby said…

    alekx, that has to suck so bad for that officer...he'll be in my prayers...and, as for you...go see your baby sister!!! ;-D

     
  • At 3:46 AM, Blogger captain corky said…

    Happy New Year Alekx! I went on a diet for half a day yesterday. I really do plan on trying to get in better shape this year though. Good luck to the both of us. ;)

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    HNY. This is a very nice list. Hope they all work out.

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Biddie said…

    Happy New Year, Alekx!
    I am late getting here, as usual.
    I haven`t made any resolutions this year. I always break em, anyway.
    That is a horrible thing to happen to the police officer. I will keep him in my prayers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home